Impact: What People Tell Us
“Sometimes I listen to your songs over and over and over, letting God speak through them to heal, restore and give me hope.”
“I will always remember this as the day I got set free. I came here a slave and am leaving a daughter.”
“I played your music in Haiti when I was there during the earthquake. It rang out as I interceded for the hurt and ache there. It was a comfort and a strength to me and the people I was ministering to.”
Biographical Facts in Third Person
Tim and Laurie are married and very much in love. They live in Colorado Springs with their three children and enjoy the outdoors and living life with people in a very deep way. They are also shamelessly in love with God and are called to lead his worshipping church into his presence where all kinds of amazing surprises can happen.
The Thorntons’ musical style is best described as American (or Americana if you want to sound smarter), a straight-ahead energetic folk that can swerve into the oncoming lane of Appalachian, Blues, and experimental now and then. Tim’s and Laurie’s nonprofit organization and folk band name is The Blackthorn Project, under which they released their first album, The Bluing of the Sky, a warm and pristine songwriter album with some rich hymn arrangements. They also released the more experimental Reckless, which focused on the heart of worship in songs while pushing creative boundaries and embracing some clamor and tension musically. The Thornton’s newest project due out this year feels like a turning point and embraces the simplicity of Tim & Laurie Thornton as the artist name.
To bless the church and proclaim the kingdom of God.
We want to see the saints freed, healed, and matured to walk intimately with the living God. We’re inspired by Isaiah 61:1-3.
We carry out our mission by:
- Pastoring and Discipling People
- Creating and Releasing Music/Worship Leading
- Writing and Speaking
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this your full-time job? Yes, this work is our vocation and calling.
- Are you on church staff somewhere? We are not salaried by a local fellowship, though we partner with many great ones. We are sent by partners.
- Are you a nonprofit? Yes. The Blackthorn Project is a Colorado 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We are accountable to pastoral leadership and are governed by a board of directors. Donate.
- Can I use one of your songs? Yes. Our catalogue (Bricklayer Music Publishing) is registered with CCLI and we ask that you report to them when possible. If you’d like to record a song we’ve written and released, you need only to fill out a license and pay the standard royalty rate for both digital and physical copies you distribute. Contact us and we can help.